I am an artist and a licensed mental health counselor in Washington State (LH60830622). I provide psychotherapy services for those seeking to identify their values and dreams, untangle restrictions, and design more practical solutions for living a meaningful life. Often, this includes exploring barriers to self-esteem, tending anxiety and depression, and understanding relationships as members of families impacted by oppression, addiction, and/or mental illness. I work with teens (15-years-old +) and adults in Seattle and Kirkland and offer workshops throughout the year.
Acceptance, self-care, and compassionate social justice are vital to my practice and I believe therapy is most productive when it is collaborative, empathetic, and curious. I enjoy helping clients explore their thoughts, inspirations, and feelings, discover recurring patterns, and address the internal conflicts that betray our best intentions.
My practice is psychodynamic and blends aspects of Humanistic, Relational, and Liberation (anti-oppression) psychology, with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy interventions. I incorporate mindfulness and value the contributions of Attachment Theory to understand how we develop patterns with ourselves and others.
Education and Training:
- BA, Literature and Minor in Social Psychology, UNC Asheville, 2005
- MA, Counseling Psychology, Saybrook University, 2015
- Clinical Supervision Towards Licensure, K. Alexandra Onno, Ph.D., 2015-2018
- Clinical Consultation related to Ethics, Race and Social Justice in the Therapeutic Context, and Psychotherapeutic Mindfulness-based Approaches, Current
- Familiarity with 12-Step Recovery Concepts
- Art Therapy Training, Cascadia Training Center, 2015
- Mentorship in the Foundational Concepts of Depth and Archetypal Psychology, 2016-2017
- Mindful Self-Compassion Intensive Training, Center for Mindful Self-Compassion, 2016
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Training, 2015, 2018
- Writing Down the Soul, Certificate in Memoir Writing, Pacifica University, 2017
- Spiritual Intuitive Development Program, SOI, 2016-2017
- Applied Spirituality Advanced Training, SOI, 2017-2018
- Psychobiology of Oppression, 2018